News Manager Web Solution
The AHOY.COM News Manager Web Solution makes it easy to add news articles and press releases to any Web site. Articles are displayed chronologically and organized by categories you create. Articles are added to the News Manager database and maintained from an easy-to-use administration interface.
Like all AHOY.COM solutions, the News Manager solution Web pages are integrated seamlessly into a new or existing Web site design and are built to evolve in unison with the rest of the Web site. The News Manager database is administered from an interface that is accessible from any Web browser connected to the Internet.
News Article & Press Release Pages
- The News Manager index page displays a list of news categories that have been created, a keyword search interface, a list of highlighted news items and a list of 'browse by year' buttons.
- The title of a news item links to a pop up window where the full text content is displayed.
- A "Printable version" button and an "Email to a friend" button are inserted on every news item page.
- The search function assists visitors who are looking for a specific news item.
Administration of the News Manager Database
- News items can be added, edited or deleted by accessing an intuitive administration interface.
- The administrator can look for a specific news item record in the database by doing a keyword search.
- Articles may contain HTML tags and embedded links to other pages or objects.
- An unlimited number of news categories can be created and used to organize a large number of news items.
- News items can be associated with one or more categories.
- Choose any colors for the display of text and navigation on News Manager Web pages.
- Your logo image can be displayed in the upper left hand corner of the News Manager pages.
- Select the number of news items to be displayed in the News Highlights list on the News Manager index page.
- In addition to the standard configuration options, the appearance and layout of the News Manager pages are controlled by templates that we can modify to a client's specific requirements.
- News item database records can be integrated into other Web site content. For example, a list of most recent news items can be inserted into a current home page and dynamically updated whenever it is displayed by a visitor to your Web site.
- NOTE: Since a client's needs are unique, the fee for each enhanced customization effort varies.